WHAT WE ASPIRE TO DO…
To research systematically and diligently, to investigate and study the mindsets, materials and manipulatives needed to optimize learning.
Design : It’s a structured approach to generating and developing ideas. We aspire to design models for anticipated or intended outcomes that have been identified in the research as necessary elements of cognitive learning .
Cognitive learning: All the design models are about enabling people to learn by using their reason, intuition and perception. By taking an interdisciplinary connotation of cognitive learning and cognition, the centre aims at learning through a group of mental, processes that includes attention, memory, producing and understanding language, learning, reasoning, problem solving, decision making, group dynamics and abstract concepts.
- To play a pace setting and innovative role in school education and research
- To influence teaching practice and thought from micro to macro level
- To acquire global focus, develop expertise and become a centre of excellence in education for life and to internationalize Silver Oaks operations and linkages
- To contribute to the improvement of quality education in the country by developing challenging content which will be globally and nationally relevant
- To help in building the capabilities of other educational institutions through institutional building and faculty development.
- To develop teachers as researchers and leverage their abilities, knowledge and skills.
- To design a learning environment where thinking skills, concepts and application will take precedence over content.
- To help in creating learning environment where young people develop harmony with themselves, people, society and nature.
- To create a critical pool of teachers and learners who will lead themselves and others towards the knowledge age.
- Sydney Centre for Innovative Learning.
- International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Project Zero of Harvard University.
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
EXECUTIVE PANEL :
RESEARCH HEAD :
RESEARCH TEAM :
- Rachna Sharma
- Anu Rajan